Comprehensive booklet of postcard images of the Burton and Ashby Light Railway. This tram railway was owned by the Midland Railway Company and ran 3 lines between Burton-on-Trent and Swadlincote then to either Gresley or Ashby-de-la-Zouch. It started in 1906 ran successfully but the increased bus competition caused the system to be closed in 1927.
Tramcars were manufactured by local electrical engineering company - Brush in Loughborough.
Amongst the tram postcards there is a double page 1906 photo of Brunt & Bucknall brewery in Woodville and a card showing the prominent water tower of this brewery.