This issue front cover highlights the 5 home brews that have won at various US state competitions, from a German Pilsner to an English Barleywine - full recipes given.
Other feature articles are:
HOPS is the topic for this issue! -
3 articles about hops:-
1)-Choosing & Using various forms of Hops wet,leaf,pellets,plugs,hash,extract
2)-Buying and Storage of hops.
3)-Globe Hopping - climate...
The cover reminds brewers that it's 'SpringTime' (just about) and the related article discusses suitable beers for Spring, supported by 6 clone recipes from American craft brewers.
Other feature ar...
This month s highlight is Lager Love -with supporting articles
- Pinning Down Pilsner (history of Pilsner both in Europe and in the USA)
- Fast Lagers (how to brew lagers at the same time as ale b...
'Craze for Haze' is this month's cover, relating the contentious views of hazy American IPAs.
- OTHER Featured Articles-
- How to Blend Hops - in Uncomplicated Combinations the ways that variou...
3 Wonderful Wheats is this month's top feature - particularly the German Hefeweizen, the Belgian Wit and the American wheat.
Hoppy Fruit Beers - matching hops to your favourite fru...
**Award Winning Session Beers is the main headline in this BYO cover. Four recipes from award-winning brewers are described.
* Splitting a brew into different beers by various possibilities.
Experiment Your Way to Better Beer is the leading cover article - a scientific look at 3 homebrew questions: high or low mash temperatures, fresh or harvested yeast, whole leaf or pelleted hops.
* - This month's cover features Award-Winning Brewing Tips from the Brewmaster of US brewery Firestone Walker plus 5 clone recipes from the brewery.
* - Hop Oils - understanding their analysis and ...